Temporary Sr. Buyer Packaging Ref. AN6548
Duur: 3 maanden
All types of packaging, EMEA wide, all branches all over the world: paper, metals, plastics, ... used in the chemical sector for raw materials.
Selected categories including but not limited to: Paper Sacks, Plastic Sacks, Dunnage Shipping Materials, Labels and Print, Plastic Films, Fibre Drums, Consumables.
role: to work on multi business projects in order to continually standardize, improve and innovate the packaging requirements in line with business and customer requirements.
As Packaging Buyer you will:
- Ensure all EHS and Legal requirements are met for Packaging items purchased in line with Corporate policy and Regional and Global Legislation.
- Support existing, and identify new savings projects to drive lowest cost of supply position across the Packaging range by tendering the packaging volumes regularly.
- Effectively interface with all manufacturing locations and business function affected by packaging changes.
- Maintain effective Packaging specifications in line with Corporate requirements.
- Support the business with all relevant Technical enquiries regarding packaging.
- Support the integration of future acquisitions in line with Corporate requirements.
- Negotiate supply contracts for packaging as assigned by the Purchasing Manager with a total spend of 13Mill$.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interact across functions, manufacturing organizations and suppliers.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a commercial (negotiation skills) or supply chain environment
- Developed project management and analytical skills.
- Tenacious and results orientated with strong interpersonal skills and a customer (internal and external) oriented attitude
- Knowledge of packaging materials is an advantage
- Knowledge of IT/ERP (fx. SAP R23) is an asset
- Language requirements : English