For our business partner Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding we are currently recruiting a
At Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding, a company with an 140 year long history, the procurement department is responsible for the purchasing, acquisition of all components and systems necessary for the construction of naval vessels and other complex vessels. Managed from the Netherlands this expert center is a key player in realizing the desired quality of the ship and the profitability of the project.
The Tactical Purchaser is responsible for purchasing products and materials and outsourcing activities for his or her categories, according to the project plan.
- Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities;
- Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed and have considered all cost variables;
- Research, qualify and evaluate on a project basis (Int.) national suppliers & sub-contractors;
- Initiate market research and enhance supplier development to build up/maintain/ensure a suitable supply base;
- Drive improvement processes with suppliers based upon supplier qualification and/or evaluation;
- Define category strategies, implement and execute strategy;
- Provide reliable information for budget and cost price calculations;
- Develop and maintaining quotation evaluations and key figures;
- Purchase products and materials and outsource activities (specifying, selecting, evaluating, contracting, contract mgmt., aftercare) according to applicable procedures and project boundaries;
- Set up proposals for standardization, develop framework contracts and monitor and maintain them;
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure that a safe and healthy work environment.
- A Bachelor or Masters degree, preferably in a technical direction such as mechanical engineering;
- Or a Bachelor or Masters degree in another field, but with a proven, strong technical affinity;
- Minimum of 5 years of (procurement) experience; preferably in a technical environment;
- Good written and verbal command of English and preferably Dutch. If you don’t speak Dutch, you are willing to learn it;
- Strong negotiation skills and assertiveness in combination with an independent, well-structured and hands-on mentality;
- A team player;
- Ability to travel frequently.
For more information about this position, please contact Lottie van Kelle via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 6 13969971.
You can apply for this position via the ‘Solliciteren’ button with reference number DH6212.