Category Manager at Royal Vopak’s Europe & Africa Division / Ref code DH 6589
It's an interesting time for you to come on board at Royal Vopak (hereon after ‘Vopak’)! Around the world, Vopak connects the supply of and demand for vital products and resources. Energy that allows people to heat their homes and travel the world. Food for a growing planet and chemicals for companies to use. Products that are vital to people’s lives. Vopak ensures the safe, efficient and clean storage of such vital products. The global energy transition, the growing world population, and all new possibilities of emerging technologies make this a very interesting time to be doing business. If this global working environment appeals to you and you possess the right skills and mindset, then this might be your next job!
Within Vopak’s Europe & Africa Division an interesting and challenging part of the Sourcing & Procurement scope around Sustaining Capex & MRO spend for a number of service & equipment categories is managed by a team of Category Managers. In the position on offer you will be responsible for the development, implementation and realization of the right strategy for selected categories (e.g. Electrical & Installation, Automation & IT, Valves, Professional Services, etc.). You will manage the assigned categories, which entails leading teams to develop sourcing strategies, managing associated tender processes, negotiating, contracting, implementing and maintaining contracts and executing supplier/contractor management. In addition to your primary tasks, together with colleagues from the Global S&P Team, you will contribute to the development of processes, procedures, tools and systems to support other Vopak Divisions and Projects around the globe to do effective category procurement on global categories with a local supplier base (e.g. E&I Contractors, tank inspection, painting, scaffolding, etc.). You will report to the Divisional Manager Sourcing & Procurement – Europe & Africa Division.
Your job in bullet points
- Establish and maintain the Sourcing & procurement strategy and planning for selected procurement categories, in close collaboration with your immediate colleagues and internal customers;
- Continually seek to deepen understanding of the supplier/contractor market and translate such to improvements in the procurement strategy and supplier selection; conducting tenders for investment projects and framework contracts;
- Ensuring a careful supplier selection and award process, negotiating and deciding with the internal customers on supplier selection;
- Capturing agreements in contracts and organizing implementation and compliance;
- Initiating and managing supplier improvements in the various Vopak terminals (e.g.. improve contractor’s Hand-On-Tool-Time);
- Ensure (periodic) supplier assessments, addressing suppliers and business agreements made, handling complaints and initiating and directing (supplier) improvement;
- Actively contribute to and implement the division guidelines, processes and procedures.
The minimum requirements to be successful in the job
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in engineering or economics;
- NEVI 2 or InkoopAcademie accreditation is a distinct plus;
- 7 + years of experience in tactical / strategic sourcing in a technical environment and thorough experience with category strategies in an international environment;
- Relevant experience in Mechanical Services and experience in the petrochemical industry is a plus;
- Fluent in the English language. Dutch is preferred.
Analytical skills coupled with pragmatism, excellent communication skills, strong personality with great influencing skills, organizational sensitivity, entrepreneurial mindset, taking ownership, out of the box thinker and challenging status quo.
An ambitious, international and successful work environment with over 400 years of history. An environment where you are encouraged to show your added value. Vopak offers career perspective and offers personal and specialized training. In addition to a competitive base salary, the secondary package is amongst the best in the industry. An e-assessment is part of the selection procedure.
For more information, please contact Mr. Peter Frauenfelder, Manager Search & Selection on 06-14868139 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply, then please do so before Friday November 30st 2018 via the button below mentioning reference code DH 6589 in your application. We require that your resume is in English and also require a specification of your current package and secondary benefits. Naturally, all information you provide will be dealt with in the utmost confidentiality.