To reinforce its Procurement Team, we are looking for a
Category Buyer (AN6056)
Based in Zwijndrecht (Antwerp), Belgium
GeoSea, member of the Belgian dredging, environmental and marine engineering group DEME(www.deme-group.com) is a world leader in complex offshore marine engineering projects. Within the renewables offshore business, GeoSea has successfully participated in the construction of large-scale European offshore wind farms. A few examples are: Belgium (Rentel), Germany (Merkur, Hohe See), Denmark (Horns Rev3), but also UK (Hornsea1).
The group relies on the ability to provide innovative techniques and high operational reliability through high-tech equipment.
As a Category Buyer you will
- manage and guide high value technical purchases on project level
- build and maintain a network of reliable and financially stable suppliers for your category (hydraulics)
- work within a multi‐disciplinary project team (design engineers/manager, tender engineers/managers, contract managers, technical experts, …).
- develop strong relationships with the DEME technical departments (vessel and projects) and within the procurement department
- challenge existing ways of working to improve procurement results and efficiency, delivering procurement targets.
- ensure compliance with sourcing procedures and contracts.
- strive for continuous total cost reductions.
- ensure that standards for product quality, delivery reliability, safety and environment are met consistently by implementing service level agreements and supplier performance management.
- take the lead when structural operational issues arise.
- act quickly and decisively when issues require an immediate solution.
- report to the Purchasing Manager.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Master degree - preferably in mechanical, industrial or commercial engineering).
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (technical buying or sales: machine parts, services, marine parts, hydraulics ….) preferably in an international environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, stress resistant, analytical & combining conceptual insight with a hands-on approach
- Have excellent negotiating and convincing skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Willing to work in the DEME Head Office (Zwijndrecht, Belgium)
Our client will offer the right candidate
- The opportunity to work for a Top Employer and develop his/her career in a competitive multinational environment in Belgium, as well as abroad.
- Top quality education and training opportunities.
- A very attractive salary with fringe benefits (company car, insurance, attractive bonus, flexible working hours….)
Applicants who meet the desired profile will be contacted by Greet Jansen (Mrs).
For more detailed information, please call Greet Jansen (+32 475 525015) or send an email to email@example.com
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org